Blog 5: Ambience
According to YourDictionary (2011), “ambience is a specific feeling or mood connected to a specific person, place, or thing”.
My understanding of ambiance in relation to my activity is that baking is not only about eating to satisfy hunger. Ambiance is about how a personal emotional feeling has an impact in terms of how individuals engage in their chosen activity. This emotional feeling can either have a positive or negative impact depending on the situation individuals are faced with for example a student who has failed an assignment will not be in the mood to go into a local pub to celebrate. Failure to pass an assignment has had a negative impact to go interact with friends. However had the student passed the assignment than this would have had a positive impact to celebrate in a local pub with friends.
Since baking evokes fond memories of the past I like to bake to continue the feeling of euphoria especially on sunny days. I always feel cheery on a sunny day which motivates me to engage in more activities compared to a rainy day. After baking I usually like to store them away to share later with either my friends or flat mates. It is nice to receive positive feedback about my baking which reinforces me repeat this activity again. My sister and I share new recipes all the time which gives us a common interest that we both discuss about via phone or internet. This in itself is satisfying because it strengthens sibling our relationship. When I went to visit my sister, her husband and two sons in Australia I baked nearly everyday. My two nephews age 3 and 6 were absolutely delighted because when they came home there was a yummy cookies waiting to be eaten (only two each as per my sister’s instructions). This meant they come home cheery which was a constant relieve for their parents hence creating a positive environment due to everyone happy mood.
Reference:
Retrieved October 20th 2011 from : http://www.yourdictionary.com/ambience
No comments:
Post a Comment